spoon

Tutti frutti cookies

Category: , , ,

 

IMG_1804

 

 

Tutti frutti cookies are my all time favorite snack. we have 2 awesome bakery in my home town, Garib bakery and 15 AD whose cookies I have been eating from childhood. Whenever I go home my mom makes sure to fill the cookie jar with variety of cookies from my favorite bakery. Today I am so happy that I made the same tasting cookies or rather I can proudly say better because I ate hot from the oven.

 

 

Ingredients-


  • 3/4th cup unsalted butter at room temperature.
  • 3/4th cup sugar
  • 1.5 cup all purpose flour (maida)
  • 1.5 tea spoon baking powder
  • 2 pinch salt
  • 1/2 tea spoon vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup tutti frutti
  • 1 tea spoon orange Zest

IMG_1799

 

 

 

 

 

 

Method-


  • Whip together butter and sugar until fluffy.
  • Stir in vanilla essence.
  • Add tutti frutti and orange zest.
  • Sift together all purpose flour,baking powder and salt.
  • Gradually add maida to butter and sugar mix.
  • Make a dough with the help of hand.
  • refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.

IMG_1771

IMG_1775

IMG_1780

IMG_1781


  • Preheat the oven at 300F.
  • Make cookie from the dough of whatever shape you like.
  • Place the parchment paper or foil on the cookie sheet.
  • Arrange cookie on the baking sheet at lest 1 inch apart from each other from all sides.
  • Bake for 20- 25 minutes. Depending upon the temperature of your oven.
  • Cool them on the cooling rack.

IMG_1790

  • Have them with Tea, coffee or just like that.
  • CRUNCH!!!! MUNCH !!!! YUM

IMG_1810

 
Note-
  • You can add 1-2 teaspoon milk if you think that dough is not binding enough.
  • They will bake between 15-20 minutes depending upon the temperature of the oven. Although they might look like that they are not baked, soft but give them some standing time they will be just perfect.
  • I got little creative with the cookie dough. I set it in the empty aluminum foil wrap box so that I can cut nice square shape.
  • The cookies will get double of there original size after baking so cut small pieces.

I am sending this recipe to  'Only – Baked'  Event hosted by Harini of Tamalapaku and the event started by Pari of foodelicious.

Only Baked





Comments (14)

Oh my god ...i am amused to find this biscuits here...my cousin used to get it from a famous bakery in Hyderabad ..i still relish it a lot...gonna try it for sure..love it ..thanks for sharing this recipe..its a winner

just so awesome! thanks for sending to our event.

just saw tutti frutti cake nd now the cookies,..looks so delcious,..;-)

wow, I love it too, bookmarked your recipe. Beautiful and delicious pics :)

Those are looking so cute!..the cookies look so colourful!

looks beautiful as well as yummy..fantastic clicks..
first time here..lovely space you have..
Am your happy follower now..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite

this also reminds me hyderabad's karachi biscuits somehow...looks super delicious..bookmarked will surely try this !
btw still waiting for your entries for flavours of rajasthan event :)

Hey dear first time here..u hv a bful blog with stunning pics..hope to hear a word from u too...
this looks deliciousssssss ..any leftovers pls.?..Decadent cookies..love it..
Following u..my ancestors r from Rajasthan and I love making rajasthanidishes n serving to my family...reminds us of our childhood days..specially batti,garlic chutney n gate ki sabji n choorma..yum...wil hop to ur space more often...hugs
Sanyukta
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

Thank you all.

ooh that sure looks so yumm. Very different looking cookies.Lovely!

awesome cookies...love your space...my first time here and happy to follow you....

http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/07/event-berries-strawberry-desserts.html

chk out my August Event on Berries - hope to see some recipes from you...and a chance to guest host too!

Hii first time here. Came via the 'Only Baked' roundup event :-) Awesome cookies. This is just what I have been wanting to make. Bookmarked!! And glad to follow u :-)) Do drop by my space whenever u find time :-)

http://www.cinnamonnchillies.com/

Looks super good... lovely shape and texture!

these look awsum!!...super....by the way where have u been?